Change game engine again?

Andr3a2810

Novice Trainer
Reaction score
I still have to get what's going on with the Godot team
But as far as I've got folks are banning people from their X/IG/Github pages just for not sharing their political perspectives
I will still play your game, but have you ever thought about changing engine once more to Gdevelop or something like a Godot fork by someone else?
I think it'll be better for you guys in the long run in order to both avoid controversies, and maybe for an easier development as well (as far as I know Gdevelop is even more intuitive than Godot, and is also written in both C++ and Javascript so maybe copypaste everything shouldn't be that hard)
Ofc that's just a suggestion
Hope you're fine :) <3

• Wat
Reactions: Alycia
No, and thinking that socio-political views or stances have any impact at all on an open-source project is just silly. Appreciate the concern but there’s no plan to change anything related to the game engine at this point.

So is it already confirmed the game will be Open Source?
I thought it would have become Open source just in case "that company" sends some DMCAs
And yes, I wrote "that company" on purpose for not receiving a DMCA myself lol

The open source comment was referring to Godot. We have no plans to open source PokeForce at any point during it's lifetime, unless we were forced to shut down the game. There may be tools or other microservices that could be made open source before then, but nothing concrete.