Game's region(s)

Andr3a2810

Novice Trainer
Reaction score
As far as I know in order to play PokéForce you will need roms of FRLG, HGSS, and BW/BW2
Will these games be needed only for assets, and monsters, or do you want to set the entire/majority of the game into Johto/Kanto/Unova? :)
I thought that you could also consider to make most of the game assets (such as overworld tilesets for example) simply by yourselves, so that IN CASE you want to set the game entirely in a fanmade world/region, you would just need BW in order to add monsters (or XY/SM in case you want to add fairy type as well), and nothing else :)

Hello, yes, you will need to own those ROMs in order to play. The regions the game will feature are in fact those from the original games (our first region will be Johto, for example), however, those regions are reimagined, customized and remade to our own vision of the world in favor of an MMO setting.

You can find this and more information of interest by checking out our FAQ!

Hello, yes, you will need to own those ROMs in order to play. The regions the game will feature are in fact those from the original games (our first region will be Johto, for example), however, those regions are reimagined, customized and remade to our own vision of the world in favor of an MMO setting.

You can find this and more information of interest by checking out our FAQ!
I didn't notice that part of the FAQ section
That's sick
Have you plans to add Hoenn and Sinnoh as well?
As far as I've seen Emerald and Platinum are the only roms that are not required
Will it be ok if I use the Soulsilver rom instead of the Heartgold one?
Will the regions be in 2D graphics? Or it depends on each region?

Have you plans to add Hoenn and Sinnoh as well?
As far as I've seen Emerald and Platinum are the only roms that are not required
Yes, both Hoenn and Sinnoh are planned to be added eventually, though there isn't a particular release order set in stone. And well, like I said, since the regions in the game are custom and remade versions of the originals, there really isn't much need to require those ROMs in particular.

Will it be ok if I use the Soulsilver rom instead of the Heartgold one?
Yes, for our purposes, there is no distintion between the two.

Will the regions be in 2D graphics? Or it depends on each region?
The aesthetic of the game is sprite based, as you can see in the sneak-peeks of the game found in our Discord server or the various state of the game threads posted in this forum.

Reactions: Andr3a2810