Increase the amount of Ore nodes in the caves.

Retro

Novice Trainer
Reaction score
There are areas of the game locked off to people under 50 mining. A bunch of people who are 50 mining right now got it when the ores were everywhere and stagnant on the walls on timers, so you could get in a rhythm of timing when each node was going to pop up again and it felt really good doing your circuit of ore and timing it perfectly. Now its 100% random and they never pop up in the same place. I don't think that's good design. I don't understand what happened overnight but I can go 10+ minutes without finding an Iron ore node and I need to collect 50 before the dailies resets. I've been looking for iron for 30 minutes and have collected 4 so far. What is the point of making it so challenging for people to find the ore they want. In other MMORPGS like OSRS for instance, if you want to grind a certain ore, theres a dedicated place where you can go, turn on a show and mine away as long as you want.

I really hate this update and I genuinely think it's bad for the player numbers and i'll tell you why

Most of your dedicated players are finishing up the questline and are now buying their rafts and bikes.
The current "endgame" is getting 50 mining and you can go into the caves now seeing everyone with their vanity and shiny pokemon sprinting around aimlessly hoping to find a node. If the core gameplay for the majority of the playerbase is running a dark cave looking for a rock to press Q on, I don't see how that is sustainable. It just feels so bad and I find myself telling myself..."I'm not doing this all day....f this." but yesterday and days before that I never had those thoughts once. The game never felt like an annoying chore. Shiny hunting, foraging, mining, leveling....it all felt smooth and addicting.

Think about it, most shunters are pressing left and right and then fleeing the encounter....they do this over and over. The repetition is somehow addicting and mining right now doesn't feel intuitive. It feels tedious and annoying and I know I sound like I'm crying but I just don't see the 50 mining grind as a fun yet I got to 33 mining comfortably a night before. Tomorrow you are releasing all the summer events in the game. Any players that mined to 50 when the nodes were easy are all freed up on time and can compete and have all the areas unlocked. Anyone that starts mining today is at a massive disadvantage. I get it's a beta and none of this carries through to the real game but these summer event badges are FOREVER and there's a group of people who are basically at 100% completion as far as the demo goes and waiting to dominate when the competitions kick off tomorrow.

I'd like to see the player engagement metrics once people finish the story and get to the 50 mining grind...I just can't do this all day today and I hate that I want to play a different game. I was sooooo deep into this 24 hours ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enderchuu and Lahm
There are areas of the game locked off to people under 50 mining. A bunch of people who are 50 mining right now got it when the ores were everywhere and stagnant on the walls on timers, so you could get in a rhythm of timing when each node was going to pop up again and it felt really good doing your circuit of ore and timing it perfectly. Now its 100% random and they never pop up in the same place. I don't think that's good design. I don't understand what happened overnight but I can go 10+ minutes without finding an Iron ore node and I need to collect 50 before the dailies resets. I've been looking for iron for 30 minutes and have collected 4 so far. What is the point of making it so challenging for people to find the ore they want. In other MMORPGS like OSRS for instance, if you want to grind a certain ore, theres a dedicated place where you can go, turn on a show and mine away as long as you want.

I really hate this update and I genuinely think it's bad for the player numbers and i'll tell you why

Most of your dedicated players are finishing up the questline and are now buying their rafts and bikes.
The current "endgame" is getting 50 mining and you can go into the caves now seeing everyone with their vanity and shiny pokemon sprinting around aimlessly hoping to find a node. If the core gameplay for the majority of the playerbase is running a dark cave looking for a rock to press Q on, I don't see how that is sustainable. It just feels so bad and I find myself telling myself..."I'm not doing this all day....f this." but yesterday and days before that I never had those thoughts once. The game never felt like an annoying chore. Shiny hunting, foraging, mining, leveling....it all felt smooth and addicting.

Think about it, most shunters are pressing left and right and then fleeing the encounter....they do this over and over. The repetition is somehow addicting and mining right now doesn't feel intuitive. It feels tedious and annoying and I know I sound like I'm crying but I just don't see the 50 mining grind as a fun yet I got to 33 mining comfortably a night before. Tomorrow you are releasing all the summer events in the game. Any players that mined to 50 when the nodes were easy are all freed up on time and can compete and have all the areas unlocked. Anyone that starts mining today is at a massive disadvantage. I get it's a beta and none of this carries through to the real game but these summer event badges are FOREVER and there's a group of people who are basically at 100% completion as far as the demo goes and waiting to dominate when the competitions kick off tomorrow.

I'd like to see the player engagement metrics once people finish the story and get to the 50 mining grind...I just can't do this all day today and I hate that I want to play a different game. I was sooooo deep into this 24 hours ago.

I'm honestly not a big fan of ores not working like trees do, it's tedious for no reason in my opinion. Like I get it for rarer ores, but common ores really?

Last edited:
Reactions: Retro