What is your fondest Pokémon memory

VixenGhost

Champion Trainer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hello there! Vixen here.

I'd like to talk about what everyone's fondest Pokémon memory is. It can be anything! it doesn't have to be something grand like winning a tournament or anything.

One of my fondest Pokémon memories is actually of my younger brother. when we we're younger, I was around 10 and my brother 7, my brother got it into his head that he was gonna catch the entire Oddish population of the Pokémon emerald safari zone. ofc neither of us spoke English at that time, nor did my brother realise that the Pokémon were generated per encounter but it was still funny in hindsight. (although not so much at that time since my brother deleted Pokémon in my box to make space for more oddish.

So that is my story! let me know YOUR fondest Pokémon memory :)

• Love
Reactions: IlrenxSBR
When I was 8 or 9 years old, I was playing Pokémon Heart Gold with my cousin, so we decided to play a little game, where we basically said the name of one Pokémon and the other would look for. I told my cousin to look for a Growlithe, and he told me to look for an Abra, When I went looking, in the first morning I found a Shiny Abra, but I didn't have any Master Ball because I used it on Ho-Oh, so without thinking twice, I threw an Ultra Ball at him,I closed my eyes and hoped he would be caught, when I heard the song when the Pokémon is caught I almost threw my DS away
PP Probably the best memory I have with Pokémon (I still have Abra to this day, but the cartridge reader on my DS broke, but I still have the save and that's what matters 🙂)

Reactions: VixenGhost
That's such a cute memory you have with your brother!!!

I have a few with my brothers as well! They both were the first ones to get me into pokemon so here are a couple of our adventures:

My older brother tricking me into thinking my shiny Zubat would be safer in his game and never giving me it back (He evolved it)

THE SAME older brother telling me that spinda evolved into skarmory! (I believed that bitch the entire time)

My other brother and I going through Pokemon XD Gale Of Darkness together over and over again (We loved that game)

My other brother breaking my limited edition diamond and pearl DS on christmas...

them both tricking me into believing that raticate is actually pronounced ratiCAKE and that it's made out of pound cake (I don't fuckin know)

I remember going to the mall with my mother when I was like 8 years old because they were having this big pokemon event inside the mall! I remember telling my mom that I was going to bring my toy pokeball so I can go catch the big pikachu mascot! I was a kid don't forget that I was so young that I actually thought I could catch it!

Once we got to the mall I quick realized that I forgot my pokeball at home and that ruined the whole day for me..

In Emerald catching a shiny Linoone, then a shiny Pelipper, then getting Pokerus, all in the same day.
I never had a cablelink/wireless or the like though, so these were trapped in my cartridge.
I don't have anything sentimental to share =(
The first game I got was pokemon blue for the old brick gameboy and I got it because the store only had this and other racing games left.
I like these games for the RPG aspects, the stats minmaxing, the optimization of strategies and such. I don't care if a pokemon is cool looking or shots bubbles from its arse as long as it's useful.:devilish:
edit: this is the monster where pokemon was played on
Game-Boy-FL.jpg
The screen had amazing green and black colors.

Last edited:
In Emerald catching a shiny Linoone, then a shiny Pelipper, then getting Pokerus, all in the same day.
I never had a cablelink/wireless or the like though, so these were trapped in my cartridge.
I don't have anything sentimental to share =(
The first game I got was pokemon blue for the old brick gameboy and I got it because the store only had this and other racing games left.
I like these games for the RPG aspects, the stats minmaxing, the optimization of strategies and such. I don't care if a pokemon is cool looking or shots bubbles from its arse as long as it's useful.:devilish:
edit: this is the monster where pokemon was played on
Game-Boy-FL.jpg
The screen had amazing green and black colors.
Ahh yes the classic brick game boy. I i bought one on a flea market like 12 years ago together with 2 gameboy colors. a red and a yellow one. I still have the colors but i lost my classic game boy a long time ago

There's no amount of wealth that have been bestowed upon me by Pokemon that can be weighed. Because of this IP and franchise, I get to have closer relationship with my siblings, one, and two, Pokemon triggered inspiration for me so much so I would play Pokemon games over and over again and read Ragnarok Online data book cover to cover everynight before sleep and I spent a lil majority of my teenhood gaming almost Pokemon and Final Fantasy.
I just wanna get into game design and development. And Pokemon has helping and inspiring me.

Okay to the game. Uh, there's so many fun and silly moments in the games. But I'm not technologically savvy, although I have just bought a mid-tier gaming Laptop, so I have only played up until Pokemon Emerald. But my fav? In terms squad, I'd say Yellow, simply due to obtainable Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle and Eeevee through questlines. And in terms of everything else? Pokemon Crystal. Because to have been available to return to Kanto again, to meet my cheeky funny rival, Gary, and then finally fight my favourite hero, Ash, in a cave. The hell, Ash, out of all place dang it!

While it's not deep nor entirely special, I have a very strong memory of my first shiny and the weird timing of it.

Back in the days of Pokémon Platinum was around the height of my Pokémon fandom, I was still pretty young and about to go on a roadtrip with my family from Adelaide to Melbourne. This is about a 13 hour drive so obviously, I brought the NDS along to play Pokémon along the way. As we approached the border between South Australia and Victoria, I stumbled into a bush, and suddenly, ✨ that infamous chime plays, and out comes a very bright, yellow, Floatzel. I've never been more excited in my life much to the confusion of my parents. While I've long since handed that NDS and game away to younger family members for them to enjoy, it is still a very fond memory of my first shiny.