About Account/IGN Trading and Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy

Calm Mind
Reaction score
I do not see anything about this in the rules or anything detailing it, but some clarification about this would be nice.

So, a few questions:

1. What are the rules on account selling? Are you able to sell an account/IGN to someone else?​

2. If #1 is true, then what will be specifically allowed? Whether this be through RMT (real money trade) or only limited to in-game currency/items/services?​

3. If selling accounts/IGNs are prohibited entirely, then will it be possible to give out IGNs and release IGNs for others to have and use?​

4. Can you even change your in-game name and request this?​

I'm not trying to sell any accounts or IGNs and have no plans to and whatever, but later in the future I may like to host giveaways and give away some of the IGNs that I've been hoarding (as I don't see me playing on over 100+ different accounts and have all the names be a complete waste). But, I'm sure other people may like to know what the rules are regarding all of this and how things may be in the future? More info on all this and it being cleared up would be greatly appreciated!

I do know for #4, I found this thread, but this was also before they removed the limit of accounts that you could create for names.

So, that's why I ask it again, and if anything now has changed since the limit removal, or if something would be done about being able to change your IGN in the future to something else, whether this be able to be swapping it with a name on another account that you own with a name, or being able to outright change your name and free up the name entirely.

That's another reason why some would go hoarding names either if they did, since maybe they would have options for other names they could use later on that they own, without potentially not having to use/play on a bunch of separate different accounts just to make use of the names they really like. That's also me having over like 100+ accounts with different names too over here too.

I have wrote up a detailed post for your inquiries. Thanks for the great questions!

I have wrote up a detailed post for your inquiries. Thanks for the great questions!
Hello, I still have some questions
Your post does not seem to mention ING transactions
So can I assume that this is what I imagined? Surprisingly allowing account transactions?? Is it possible to use in-game money or even RMT???

I don't know if I misunderstood, but if the game really allows account trading, I think it's a suicidal act
I hope you can explain this part in detail. Thank you very much!

Reactions: Drunk
Hello, I still have some questions
Your post does not seem to mention ING transactions
So can I assume that this is what I imagined? Surprisingly allowing account transactions?? Is it possible to use in-game money or even RMT???

I don't know if I misunderstood, but if the game really allows account trading, I think it's a suicidal act
I hope you can explain this part in detail. Thank you very much!
We do not condone the use of account selling/trading. There will be no support for it.

It is entirely player risk, and will lead to account suspension.

Last edited:
I think the system would work better like this if an account is considered inactive for a year, the system should check if that account is main or a secondary account (determine based on total playtime) If the account is an secondary account then the username will get purged but if it a main account then no action will happen. This way it eliminates username hogging as well as reward the early adopters.

Oof...

With all due respect, while I appreciate the response, as well as transparency and everything, just oof...

Yearly Purge of Inactive Names:

Starting [TBD](*Timer begins when we officially launch), we will conduct an annual review to identify and release inactive account names. However, it's crucial to note that this process exclusively targets accounts with no progress whatsoever. This means accounts that have shown no in-game activity. Please keep in mind "purge" doesn't mean deletion of your account.
What This Means:

If you've actively engaged in the game, your account name is secure. The yearly purge is specifically designed to free up names that remain stagnant with no associated progress. Currently there are no plans of removing names of accounts with significant progress.

It's going to be real hard to even find the words for this. I just quoted the main huge issue there with that post. I may pick through the entire thing in a later response as there's a whole lot to unpack. Just, wow.

You know what this reminds me of though and how it makes me feel? All my alternate Gmail accounts that I forgot over many years and if I don't remember them by the end of this month, they are going to be gone forever as I haven't logged back into them. What a great time.

For real though, you guys should have just left people limited to just having up to 3 alternative accounts, and you know, not have had things come to this. It actually blows my mind how y'all decided to remove the account creation limit, and due to people like me hoarding, now everyone has to suffer due to it clearly. Even those who didn't hoard and waste their time making a handful of accounts with plans to stash names, and people who also didn't have plans to be immediately or anytime soon, starting up their alt accounts, and actually progressing in the game with them. It just feels like you guys really underestimated how much people were going to go absolutely HAM once they could start claiming as many names as they wished to. It really just seems like backpedaling as well as clearly being punishment.

Having to engage with the game as well? Like, really? What if someone just wants to be here and even enjoys just being apart of the forums/Discord server? People that have never touched the game shouldn't matter or matter less than those who do? Like, come on now.

Yearly purge is evil :( Even the chess site require the person to have premium and require that the account to be inactive for 3 year before someone is able to hijack another person username. At least let us keep our main name. I don’t want to return in a year from a break to be stuck with a sad alias.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy
I think the system would work better like this if an account is considered inactive for a year, the system should check if that account is main or a secondary account (determine based on total playtime) If the account is an secondary account then the username will get purged but if it a main account then no action will happen. This way it eliminates username hogging as well as reward the early adopters.
Yearly purge is evil :( Even the chess site require the person to have premium and require that the account to be inactive for 3 year before someone is able to hijack another person username. At least let us keep our main name. I don’t want to return in a year from a break to be stuck with a sad alias.
We hear your suggestion regarding distinguishing between main and secondary accounts based on playtime. While we value the input of our community members, our current approach focuses on in-game activity rather than playtime duration over all of your accounts. This ensures that the names released are genuinely inactive.

We understand the sentimental value attached to main account names, and we're actively considering ways to address this concern. However, I believe it's fair to wipe names that have no progress on them. As mentioned, accounts with significant progress are immune currently anyway.

We want to assure you that our goal is to strike a balance between preventing name hoarding and being considerate of our players. Your feedback is crucial in helping us make informed decisions.

• Angry
Reactions: Sober and KUA
Oof...

With all due respect, while I appreciate the response, as well as transparency and everything, just oof...

It's going to be real hard to even find the words for this. I just quoted the main huge issue there with that post. I may pick through the entire thing in a later response as there's a whole lot to unpack. Just, wow.

You know what this reminds me of though and how it makes me feel? All my alternate Gmail accounts that I forgot over many years and if I don't remember them by the end of this month, they are going to be gone forever as I haven't logged back into them. What a great time.

For real though, you guys should have just left people limited to just having up to 3 alternative accounts, and you know, not have had things come to this. It actually blows my mind how y'all decided to remove the account creation limit, and due to people like me hoarding, now everyone has to suffer due to it clearly. Even those who didn't hoard and waste their time making a handful of accounts with plans to stash names, and people who also didn't have plans to be immediately or anytime soon, starting up their alt accounts, and actually progressing in the game with them. It just feels like you guys really underestimated how much people were going to go absolutely HAM once they could start claiming as many names as they wished to. It really just seems like backpedaling as well as clearly being punishment.

Having to engage with the game as well? Like, really? What if someone just wants to be here and even enjoys just being apart of the forums/Discord server? People that have never touched the game shouldn't matter or matter less than those who do? Like, come on now.
It's clear this policy has sparked a range of emotions and opinions, and we value the opportunity to address them.

It's important to note that while the policy encourages engagement with the game, we believe in giving users the autonomy to decide the extent of their participation. It's akin to having the option to eat food—you have the freedom to choose how much you want to partake, and we don't intend to dictate the specific level of engagement.

We want to clarify that the initial account creation limit was put in place purely to prevent people from gobbling up all the names before everyone had a chance, and it had nothing to do with letting individuals accumulate names for the purpose of selling them. We apologize for any frustration this may have caused.

Our current review is aimed at finding a balanced solution that addresses the concerns raised while maintaining fairness within the community. We recognize the impact this policy may have on users with multiple accounts and appreciate your openness in sharing your thoughts.

• Angry
Reactions: Sober
our current approach focuses on in-game activity rather than playtime duration over all of your accounts. This ensures that the names released are genuinely inactive.
And completely ignores even forum activity, right?

What if you have players who say, don't enjoy the game, right? But, they still support PokéForce, and are apart of this community? They don't matter, correct? Even though their reasoning for not playing the game could be that maybe they are waiting for the game to get better or improve, because they do not enjoy the current state of the game? Maybe they are waiting for the game to fully release before they even begin playing it, and even see how things are post-release?

I really believe there's a big lapse in judgement here, and you guys really need to reconsider what constitutes as actually being fair with this policy that you guys are introducing.

However, I believe it's fair to wipe names that have no progress on them. As mentioned, accounts with significant progress are immune currently anyway.
Well, I don't believe it's fair.

Also, even if you guys didn't remove the limit for alternative accounts you could create and own past 3, and then you guys introduced this policy, then it would still be ridiculous just as much as it is now.

We want to assure you that our goal is to strike a balance between preventing name hoarding and being considerate of our players
It wouldn't have even been an issue if you guys didn't basically enable it in the first place.

What if you have players who say, don't enjoy the game, right? But, they still support PokéForce, and are apart of this community? They don't matter, correct? Even though their reasoning for not playing the game could be that maybe they are waiting for the game to get better or improve, because they do not enjoy the current state of the game? Maybe they are waiting for the game to fully release before they even begin playing it, and even see how things are post-release?

I really believe there's a big lapse in judgement here, and you guys really need to reconsider what constitutes as actually being fair with this policy that you guys are introducing.
It only applies to accounts with zero activity. So if you actively play your alt accounts, there shouldn't be an issue. If it lapses a year, you get a two week notification to encourage you to play. I'm unsure how this part is a lapse of judgement.
Also, even if you guys didn't remove the limit for alternative accounts you could create and own past 3, and then you guys introduced this policy, then it would still be ridiculous just as much as it is now.

None of us did though. We very much could have. However most of us didn't create an alt until the 10th. I appreciate your concern though.

• Angry
Reactions: Sober

Well, I don't believe it's fair.

It wouldn't have even been an issue if you guys didn't basically enable it in the first place.

It's become clear that people are hoarding names beyond reason, which is why this policy was implemented. Originally, the 3 account limit was put in place to ensure that everyone had a proper heads up on when account creation was enabled, and to ensure that everyone had a fair chance at obtaining the usernames they identify with. If the original limit wasn't put in place, we'd have exactly what we're seeing now and those that wouldn't have been able to register at the same time as others wouldn't have their chance to get their username.

We don't want to introduce an arbitrary limit, as I believe that you should be able to play as many accounts as you want, but they must remain active in order to keep their usernames.

This isn't really up for debate, your account must remain within a certain activity time frame or it will suffer being opened up for use by a member who will actually get use and enjoyment out of the name versus sitting dormant. That time frame is what's up for debate, not the fact that we have to release usernames in the first place.

If your intention is to sell or giveaway your usernames, then you'd do well to find another home that harbors that sort of activity. Names are locked to you, and transfers between members are not something we condone.

Last edited:
It only applies to accounts with zero activity. So if you actively play your alt accounts, there shouldn't be an issue. If it lapses a year, you get a two week notification to encourage you to play. I'm unsure how this part is a lapse of judgement.
You missed the point entirely and did not understand what was said it seems like?

You guys are literally caring for only game activity and those who are playing the game. That's the whole problem. You guy ssem to expect everyone who is signing up to all just going to be playing the game sometime in the near future, when that's not necessarily always going to be the case when it comes to everyone.

There's also us people on the forums and like it's the last time I am going to reiterate and stress that. Members of the community that have forum activity should be seen and treated just as equally as people with in-game activity. It doesn't always take those with the most game experience or even be glued to the game 24/7 to be valued, well-known, or respected members of a community. That's what I'm saying.

Like just think for a good moment here. Take for example someone who is active on the Discord server and the forums as an example, and they are very well active on these two, but they are not active whatsoever on the game, and may not even play it. Do they really deserve to be in violation of this policy and be prone to losing their name? As much as they may contribute towards the community and are literally just a member of the community? Do they really deserve that?

Anyway, going to reply to @Alycia now and what they are saying.

It's become clear that people are hoarding names beyond reason, which is why this policy was implemented. Originally, the 3 account limit was put in place to ensure that everyone had a proper heads up on when account creation was enabled, and to ensure that everyone had a fair chance at obtaining the usernames they identify with. If the original limit wasn't put in place, we'd have exactly what we're seeing now and those that wouldn't have been able to register at the same time as others wouldn't have their chance to get their username.
Well, of course the hoarding is a problem, and I agree with what you are saying. I know that I would even contribute to that problem as well. I did make it transparent with me hoarding after all, and basically my intentions with what I wanted to do with some of the names I've managed to collect. Do I have any shame for that? No, I don't, because it was allowed.

I also get and understand why the limit was put there as well in the first place, as well as the intention that you guys had behind it. A fair chance for everyone to be able to get names that they actually had wanted and liked, of course. No problem with that.

However, I honestly just think the limit of 3 alternative accounts should have just stayed and it would have been a lot better overall. Like, 4 total accounts is enough, and having 4 names. It's more than enough and more than generous for most people. Majority of people will be sticking with 1 account for the most part anyway.

We don't want to introduce an arbitrary limit, as I believe that you should be able to play as many accounts as you want, but they must remain active in order to keep their usernames.
So, it was "accounts with significant progress are immune", but now it's "but they must remain active in order to keep their usernames".

Gotcha. Makes a lot of sense now.

This isn't really up for debate, your account must remain within a certain activity time frame or it will suffer being opened up for use by a member who will actually get use and enjoyment out of the name versus sitting dormant. That time frame is what's up for debate, not the fact that we have to release usernames in the first place.
I mean, a shorter timeframe would only benefit players who are actually actively playing the game, and who just want to squat on names.

But, a longer timeframe is going to be more fair for players, especially if players happen to go inactive and can't get around to playing at all. It's not that uncommon for players leaving more than a year, and end up coming back and returning to the game is the thing.

If your intention is to sell or giveaway your usernames, then you'd do well to find another home that harbors that sort of activity.
That's pretty cold, not going to lie.

I mean, I get really disliking people hoarding names to sell them, but I really don't believe just giving them away is really all the bad or even equally as that? I mean, hoarding isn't even inherently bad in the first place either.

If it was really that bad though and you guys didn't want hoarding like you guys knew what was going to happen (hence the limit of 3 alternative accounts in the first place duh), y'all should of just been like "yeah, we are removing the limit of 3 on alternative account creation, but please try to keep creating more alternative accounts to a minimum as to be reasonable and be considerate to others".

Like, if I heard that, I would have probably made a few more accounts, and that would have been it. I'm sure other who were hoarding would have likely followed the same suit as well, no doubt about that. I have been observing the community the short while I have been here now, and I don't see too many bad eggs whatsoever, most members are well-behaved and respectful.

Names are locked to you, and transfers between members are not something we condone.
Also, names are basically locked to you because you want them to. If we're talking technical limitations and what's possible to go implementing for systems and different things on the development end, then it's a whole different story. But, I digress.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: shy, KUA and Lin
I just want to throw in, at least make the first account that you have made on PokéForce be exempt from the policy, and only let it the policy apply to alternative accounts one has only.

That's something that would be great at the very least if you guys aren't willing to really budge on the policy and make any really any changes to it. I think it would be much more fair and reasonable at the very least. Most people who got their first accounts are going to be a name that they definitely had wanted the most. In most cases if not all cases, anyway.

Reactions: KUA
I just want to throw in, at least make the first account that you have made on PokéForce be exempt from the policy, and only let it the policy apply to alternative accounts one has only.

That's something that would be great at the very least if you guys aren't willing to really budge on the policy and make any really any changes to it. I think it would be much more fair and reasonable at the very least. Most people who got their first accounts are going to be a name that they definitely had wanted the most. In most cases if not all cases, anyway.

System would be far too easy to exploit with VPNs, etc. The only stance that ends up being fair & enforceable in the long run is the one presented by the staff. The community had their chance to obtain the names they wanted, and a number of bad actors took advantage of the system to try benefit. I'm not trying to be mean, but the staff showed a lot of trust in us as a community and many people immediately tried to use it for their own gain and really forced a tough hand.

You're bringing in far too many what-ifs to try justify this behavior, no, giving away names shouldn't be accepted just because you harbor good intent, because there will be many people, as what has happened with the release of the forums, that will use it in bad faith. Putting in systems these people can use is unfair on the community as a whole, and, while it may be harsh on you if you didn't harbor these intents (Which as I've stated to many people, I find it hard to believe the people hoarding names didn't hold the intent to sell, you don't need that many names) it's a necessity to provide a fair experience to all, free of RWT.

Last edited:
System would be far too easy to exploit with VPNs, etc.
True. Very good point and I forgot about that.

I agree with most of what you had said, anyway.

But, anyway, the thing that really irks me the most is how it requires in-game activity on an account for you to be safe from not having your name pulled out from under you. Forum activity should be really counted as being active especially if you are like actively engaging with the forums as well. I just hope they'll take that into consideration.

OT: Apologies too if the discussion got quite heated as it did. I do really appreciate especially the Staff being understanding and having the patience to put up with someone like myself who can be strongly expressive. It means a lot knowing that I'm somewhere that I actually feel accepted.

• Cool
Reactions: LodinSetki and Kupo
Wait wait wait deleting secondary accounts ? but what about the class system i thought we needed multiple accounts to play different classes when ever to feel we feel like starting again or with sonething else, if the other accounts do getted removed there wont be no point in it makes sense for them to not remove it if its progressed enough and not based on inactivity ; maybe the number of accounts can be limited to the amount of classes or something just opinions from a fan thats all :)

Reactions: LodinSetki
But, anyway, the thing that really irks me the most is how it requires in-game activity on an account for you to be safe from not having your name pulled out from under you. Forum activity should be really counted as being active especially if you are like actively engaging with the forums as well.
Oh you missed the previous iteration which for the first 6 months required all users to participate in the forums to keep their names while the game isn't out. This would have flooded the forums with a lot of useless spam from alt accounts.
Asking for all users over the course of a year to make some form of progress on all of their alts isnt a big ask.
Its not something thats up for debate either. I've had a few users say one year is too generous, so that may be pending change. Currently, immunity is progress. Thats the only fair way of doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.