All things PVP, electric boogaloo

It would be extremely cool to see people running around trying to hunt a 1/150k rayquaza on skypillar or a mewtwo in cerulean cave, similarly to how people shiny hunt. That to me feels like a much more interesting system. It would for sure have a bunch of dedicated players and maybe legendary catching events/parties. Would actually feel like a flex to have one. You could also make some of them available at certain times of the year like darkrai in halloween or something, make them be the focus/mascot of the event and create a cool lore/story event around it

This thread is rapidly derailing into one about Legendary Pokemon, rather than the PvP discussion it's meant to be.

Legendary Pokemon will not be available for competitive PvP.​

That is a design decision that has been taken by the design team because it fits into the world we're building and the mechanics we are designing around that world.

I appreciate people want to be able to own Legendary Pokemon. The King-of-the-Hill mechanic is the closest you are going to get to that in PokeForce.

If I am unable to answer something to your satisfaction, it's highly likely because I am deliberately holding back information related to content that I am not allowed to release to the community yet.

The best answer I can give you is that we are striving to make Legendary Pokemon truly Legendary. And if you are lucky enough to encounter a Legendary Dungeon, then the challenge will be epic and the reward truly worthy of the name.

I will no longer be responding to any topics regarding Legendary Pokemon in this thread, as it's rapidly becoming redundant to the point of obtuseness.

Regarding the PvP format, are you planning to introduce double battles and if so will they be 6v6 or VGC? Thank you

Last edited:
no legends for pvp is wild. "Appeal to a wide range of players" by making something not appealing to one side of the player base at all makes no sense.

Reactions: Xyrium
How are pvp seasons gonna work (length and format), is pvp gonna have a guild leader board, will guilds have benefits for pvp performance, what are the rewards for to players doing pvp, and will there be a way to host pvp tournaments in game or will you have to coordinate that off of the game?

Reactions: Phantom
While legendary Pokémon not being available in PvP is unfortunate, it really affects people who enjoy PvE more than PvP in an MMO as well (myself included). While you will be able to encounter and catch legendary Pokémon, and that's cool, you still will not be able to permanently own them outside some data in the Pokédex. Pretty much nothing new and the same thing as PokéMMO for the most part and it being a carbon copy, which again I know is going to be a very disappointing thing to people who dislike the KOTH stuff (myself also included).

While you can also make arguments and say stuff like legendary Pokémon aren't always the best in competitive play, they pretty much just want to make them truly unique within the MMO. You can even argue that they aren't the best Pokémon in general, and it still won't really matter. However, let's also keep in mind and not forget that they did make the 3 legendary dogs (Entei, Raikou, Suicune) available in PokéMMO when they released Johto (which, mind you, also came as a huge surprise to everyone with how they were implemented). They actually made an exception for them to actually make the other side of the community happy, where you can get your hands on duplicates of them as well. Although their availability is limited, you can still effectively shiny hunt them, even if it's a passive thing.

Not only can you permanently obtain and keep these, but on top of that, you can use them in both PvE and PvP to your heart's content.

I know that the topic of legendary Pokémon is going to end up being an ongoing and controversial one, especially if the developers aren't going to budge at all with them. There's always going to be pushback against it, and a lot of it. Do they have to budge at all with them? Of course not. I'm on the side of personally disagreeing with having them truly be unique, since I'd love to collect legendary Pokémon and they interest me. Being able to shiny hunt them in an MMOis a big goal, especially if they are actually something tangible you can keep, just like any other Pokémon that isn't legendary. I just fail to see the point in wasting time on them past getting the Pokédex completion data for them personally, even if you could use them in PvP and temporarily own them with the KOTH stuff and whatever. Time is just spent better elsewhere getting other stuff that you actually desire at that point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xyrium
Ya'll are forgetting that there are multiple of some legendaries, even if it's for the sake of keeping it cannon and unique. Canonically there are multiple Bird trios, heatrans, lati twins etc.

It seems to me that legendary Pokémon are very good, but whether they are limited or not will depend on the game developers. If having them permanently is not possible, at least a list could be made of which ones could be obtained, as there are legendaries that are not as powerful

While legendary Pokémon not being available in PvP is unfortunate, it really affects people who enjoy PvE more than PvP in an MMO as well (myself included). While you will be able to encounter and catch legendary Pokémon, and that's cool, you still will not be able to permanently own them outside some data in the Pokédex. Pretty much nothing new and the same thing as PokéMMO for the most part and it being a carbon copy, which again I know is going to be a very disappointing thing to people who dislike the KOTH stuff (myself also included).

While you can also make arguments and say stuff like legendary Pokémon aren't always the best in competitive play, they pretty much just want to make them truly unique within the MMO. You can even argue that they aren't the best Pokémon in general, and it still won't really matter. However, let's also keep in mind and not forget that they did make the 3 legendary dogs (Entei, Raikou, Suicune) available in PokéMMO when they released Johto (which, mind you, also came as a huge surprise to everyone with how they were implemented). They actually made an exception for them to actually make the other side of the community happy, where you can get your hands on duplicates of them as well. Although their availability is limited, you can still effectively shiny hunt them, even if it's a passive thing.

Not only can you permanently obtain and keep these, but on top of that, you can use them in both PvE and PvP to your heart's content.

I know that the topic of legendary Pokémon is going to end up being an ongoing and controversial one, especially if the developers aren't going to budge at all with them. There's always going to be pushback against it, and a lot of it. Do they have to budge at all with them? Of course not. I'm on the side of personally disagreeing with having them truly be unique, since I'd love to collect legendary Pokémon and they interest me. Being able to shiny hunt them in an MMOis a big goal, especially if they are actually something tangible you can keep, just like any other Pokémon that isn't legendary. I just fail to see the point in wasting time on them past getting the Pokédex completion data for them personally, even if you could use them in PvP and temporarily own them with the KOTH stuff and whatever. Time is just spent better elsewhere getting other stuff that you actually desire at that point.
I'm very much disappointed too and I agree with your whole reply. I'll be sticking with PokeMMO for a while.

The whole point of this thread (hence why i made it separate from the others and not falling into a specific thread) was more about pvp suggestions on the 2nd message drive ☠️ and general content, the legendaries thiny belongs into the Discussion thread (that vel made) so please, stick to the original topic xd

• Cool
Reactions: Jack
Regarding the PvP format, are you planning to introduce double battles and if so will they be 6v6 or VGC? Thank you
I may be paraphrasing someone else here but iirc it has been said that doubles will not be supported at the start but will probably implemented later with VGC rules (auto scale to lvl 50 i dont know about the party size but i assume it will also be 4 mons) @Jack can probably answer your question better than me

How are pvp seasons gonna work (length and format), is pvp gonna have a guild leader board, will guilds have benefits for pvp performance, what are the rewards for to players doing pvp, and will there be a way to host pvp tournaments in game or will you have to coordinate that off of the game?
It is confirmed in the roadmap that leaderboards will be added, about the other stuff i can't answer you, now that you said the guilds thing it might be a good idea to make a suggestion about a yearly guild tournament similar to what PokeMMO does where the guild gets a reward if they win, feel free to make it and im pretty sure the person in charge of pvp will answer you!

so from what i understand we have gen 1-5 mons with gen 4 items and gen 7 mechanics but what about movepools ,abilitys and stat buffs that happend in later gens?

so from what i understand we have gen 1-5 mons with gen 4 items and gen 7 mechanics but what about movepools ,abilitys and stat buffs that happend in later gens?
sorry it took a while to answer lol, no, there will only be pokemons UP TO gen 4 (heavily oriented towards kanto/johto mons) and gen 7 mechanics/items (assume movepools and the others are also gen7) if something is past 7 that wont be implemented (at least for now / the VERY far future) more FAQs here

Reactions: thePvPexpert
I support the idea of NOT using legendaries in PVP. That will make a different meta , the tier list will be different. If I want to play the same meta with legendaries Showdown is there. Let this game be different , let a new meta to evolve on this!

But you guys can create a new OU tier Called OUL or something else to allow the legendaries on it so this way we can have PVP with legendaries that are not ubers or with power up to 600 for those peoples who love battling with legendaries.

I think to make everyone happy having 2 different tiers one for NO legendaries and one for legendaries is the best way to go.

I support the idea of NOT using legendaries in PVP. That will make a different meta , the tier list will be different. If I want to play the same meta with legendaries Showdown is there. Let this game be different , let a new meta to evolve on this!

But you guys can create a new OU tier Called OUL or something else to allow the legendaries on it so this way we can have PVP with legendaries that are not ubers or with power up to 600 for those peoples who love battling with legendaries.

I think to make everyone happy having 2 different tiers one for NO legendaries and one for legendaries is the best way to go.
I disagree on dividing OU into 2 different formats thats just overcomplicating things and even though i kinda want to see legendaries the idea of zapdos being allowed haunts me.
Also showdown is a completly different case buddy its a place meant for pvp with the amount of players they have they can run all sorts of formats while in pokeforce pvp is just a part (a really good part) of the game. This game is different XD im pretty sure but honestly as always at the beginning its always nice to stick to the norm once the developers get enough data im pretty sure they can decide what to do with the meta. Time will tell

I disagree on dividing OU into 2 different formats thats just overcomplicating things and even though i kinda want to see legendaries the idea of zapdos being allowed haunts me.
Also showdown is a completly different case buddy its a place meant for pvp with the amount of players they have they can run all sorts of formats while in pokeforce pvp is just a part (a really good part) of the game. This game is different XD im pretty sure but honestly as always at the beginning its always nice to stick to the norm once the developers get enough data im pretty sure they can decide what to do with the meta. Time will tell
Yeah I am agree diversing the OU in 2 part is kinda weird. A other idea to put legendaries in PVP is to allow all of them only in Ubers.
Anyway is just a suggestion for those who love to play with legendaries in PVP cus for me I am Happy to not have them. I want legendaries to be ''LEGENDARY'' to be something different , like gods. I dont like the idea to see everyone having a Zapdos like it is nothing. So far PokeMMO is the best game that dident use legendaries for more than 9 years and they managet to go to the top.
Whatever the META will be I love to be part of it hehehehehe

We will not be dividing OU into anything. Ladder tiers are already a sensitive subject that having more ladders will divide the playerbase. Inevitably the less populated ladder dies down. Even over showdown the most popular formats Random Battles and Overused does not allow more than 2 ladders of current generation. The way they put is that even 2 is too much. Given our current size this is a bad way to follow.

We will not be dividing OU into anything. Ladder tiers are already a sensitive subject that having more ladders will divide the playerbase. Inevitably the less populated ladder dies down. Even over showdown the most popular formats Random Battles and Overused does not allow more than 2 ladders of current generation. The way they put is that even 2 is too much. Given our current size this is a bad way to follow.
Yeah I see the point, I dident think about it before. You are totally right on that. Thanks about this explanation friend :D