Day / Night Cycle Length

How long should the Day / Night cycle of PokéForce be? (In real life hours)

• 6 Hours (1h Morning, 4h Day, 1h Night)

Votes: 35 28.0%
  • 8 Hours (2h Morning, 4h Day, 2h Night)

Votes: 69 55.2%
  • Other (Please specify in this thread)

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be against removing morning (and I like the idea of dusk as well), but I guess I'd be fine with it if they were cosmetic only. Like, if for the purposes of spawns, dawn counted as day and dusk counted as night. 2 hour day (30 min of morning at the start) and 2 hour night (30 minutes of dusk at the start) would work for me. I feel like sunrise/sunset are nice in terms of creating an atmosphere though.

Reactions: Clas and Stratech
I'd be against removing morning (and I like the idea of dusk as well), but I guess I'd be fine with it if they were cosmetic only. Like, if for the purposes of spawns, dawn counted as day and dusk counted as night. 2 hour day (30 min of morning at the start) and 2 hour night (30 minutes of dusk at the start) would work for me. I feel like sunrise/sunset are nice in terms of creating an atmosphere though.
Yeah ur idea explains what Shadow IX said better, they are all great, it makes it more realistic

My idea was to make the whole cycle take an odd number of time say (3 or 5 hours) so that it isn’t always night time at a specific time of day irl. Spilt wise, i think it logically makes sense for morning to be 0.2, day to be 0.4, and night to be 0.4. Making up the 1 (100%) of whatever cycle y’all choose. In a 3 hour cycle: morning is 36 minutes, day is 72 mins, and night is also 72 mins. This would result in probably too fast of times but you get the point.

Reactions: QuantumShift
1hr morning
2hr day
1hr night

I think several people have expressed that most people work a 9-5 and really only can play on average 2 hours each day. Having certain spawns only happen to a certain time will be painful for the average player if they have limited time to play each day.

1 hour morning, 1 hour day and 22 hours night. Cuz night feels comfy af in this game jajaa

1:
I don't mind what the results end up being, but if 8 hours ends up passing the poll and being implemented, it's going to be the first consistent complaint (outside of any major bugs that may occur) and one of the first things patched. Might even be the reason people move on to a different game. If you start with smaller numbers and go from there, there will more than likely be less angry gamers and a solution won't be as heavily prioritized if the numbers were flipped.

2:
If there's a morning, why not an evening, dusk, dawn, midnight, noon, etc.?
Sometimes simpler is better, but you can fit many times of day in an 8 hour window.

3:
I suggest starting with only a 3 hour day/night cycle, 2 hours of day and 1 hour of night.
This allows future updates such as "new pokemon are available in the new morning cycle" or something similar if applicable.
Lengths can also be adjusted and branded as "buffs" if need be in future updates. Everyone loves buffs.

Reactions: QuantumShift
I do agree with maybe removing the dawn cycle but have you made animations for the morning? If so you could still add it to the game for an hour or so but just not have an actual "dawn cycle" impacting pokemon spawns.

night and morning being equal dont make much sense, unless we are adding evening time.
decrease day and morning by 1h in total and increase the night time.

I vote for Other (Please specify in this thread).
My suggestion is to cycle for 4 hours (1h morning, 2h day, 1h night)
The reason is to consider players who only have a fixed amount of time to play.
First of all, since the day and night system has been added, different PMs that are catchable according to time will definitely be added.
If this cycle takes too long, it will make it difficult for some players to capture specific PMs.
These players refer to those who have fixed work and study time and don't have many time on game.
Of course, this can also be solved
through transactions between players.
Secondly, are you really sure that there will never be a fixed time to complete the quest in the future?
For example, a certain NPC will only appear at night.

Anyway, these can become problems if the cycle time is too long.

Reactions: Splay and MuZi
Status
Not open for further replies.