Important Announcement regarding our January Demo

Alycia

uwu;
Studio Director
Reaction score
Hello PokéForce,
Please read on for important information regarding our pre-planned January Demo.

Demo Postponement:
As we're all aware, our next demo was slated to be for January 31st, to February 3rd. However, it is with heavy hearts that we are announcing that we feel it's in everybody's best interests for us to delay the Demo until the end of February. We are making this decision in order to give the development team ample time to finish off the mechanics that we want to feature in our roadmap.

Internal Discussions:
We've had a few internal discussions on what a delay would look like, why we're doing it, and what it means moving forward for PokéForce in order to ensure that we can be more stable in our planned release dates, expectations and time management for the team, and I'd like to share some of these discussions with you today, so that we can be transparent on what to expect moving forward!

Why the Delay?
Hindsight being what it is, we simply ran out of time. We've been experiencing a lot of unexpected roadblocks such as illness, or burn out from poor time management (this one's me!). We have a deep passion for our game and want to ensure that, when we invite you to play, we showcase the absolute best that we can offer! We internally discussed whether to proceed with the January Demo based on our current progress. We wanted to avoid presenting an unfinished product for what we had planned. Ultimately, we concluded that aligning our Demos with the features outlined in our planned roadmap is more beneficial. This approach ensures that our presentations are in sync with our intended development path, allowing us to stay true to our internal roadmap. While we have new features ready to go, or to be utilized already, we really want our Battle Engine to shine during the next public access to the game, and this still requires a bit of work to ensure that it's the best it can be. As many of you will understand, the battle system for Pokemon is a very complex matter with a lot of nuanced bits and pieces that only get used in specific move cases and then never touched upon again, and we've also got our own additions to the battle system we have to account for due to the unique structure of our intended game play loop.

Development Cycles, Time Management:
Another thing we've been focused on in our internal meetings is ensuring that we are giving the development team ample opportunity to enjoy their lives, and not need to grind out the process, which results in rushed game play mechanics, or code that can hinder the overall experience. When we started doing Demos, we originally had them on a per-month basis, and while that was working great as we built the games core fundamentals, and new features were a daily occurrence, it's become clear to the team and I that we're better suited to start going through a 2-3 month cycle for the public Demos. What this truly just means is that Demos will be announced when we're positive on a date that we can reach, or when we've got everything we need to finished, and just want to add polish and flair. As for time management, the team is extremely eager to work on this game every single day, and while it's fun and engaging to do so, it's important for us to take breaks and enjoy life a little. We're all here because it's a hobby for us, but we also need to have time to enjoy doing things we love as well. For me, that's hanging out with you guys!

”End of February, What Does This Mean?”
While we're not too eager to announce a specific date right now, rest assured that we did our due diligence on planning out what's left to do, and how we can polish what we do have. Expect another announcement in the coming week(s) for a specific date, and one that we're sure we'll be able to stick to this time.

Beta Programme:
While we know it's disappointing that we can't all see each other in-game next week, I want to remind everyone that we do have a Beta Programme that will be utilized over the next month to help us get along to the next Demo, which can help get you trying the game out a bit faster. I've been keeping an eye on all applications, and I'll be ready to bring more people onboard to the programme soon, so keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation!

🔗 If you haven't already applied, you can do so here.

A Message of Gratitude:
I know how eager everyone has been for another exciting chapter in PokéForce, and I was dreading to write this announcement today, so I just want to thank everyone for your patience and commitment to being a part of our community. I hope that the points I laid out helps you understand our internal processes a bit better, and that we didn't delay because of lack of interest in developing the game. I look forward to seeing you all in-game soon. <3

Thank you,
The PokéForce Staff Team
Alycia, Cpt. Lavender, Genesis, Drunk, Triston, Allurosa, Beemo, Dizzi, Emma, Eva, Fizz, Jenonen, Kat, Kildaru, Kupo, Lean, Lin, Lucy, Maid Lulia, Mikayu, MuZi, Pixel, Prof Ekie, Rare, Rebecca, Tater, Vizaryll

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that there's been stress, illness, and burn out. Its not a massive delay, definitely take the time if you feel you guys need it and don't worry about it!

I think everyone here only wants what is best for the game, and if that means waiting and giving you some more time deliver the best experience possible, then say no more. Much love to all the team and please take it easy :katw:

this game is promising

2017146efd114095b164a66f0fcfdf49_w200.gif

Very understandable and relateable. Burn-out and illness in itself is a great hinder to working effectively. I experience burn-outs myself as a solo developer, and I do not have the pressure of a whole community behind the game project as you do. Take some time and regain your strength and the community will be right where you left it ;)

• Love
Reactions: Fizz and Celavie
Do not worry! We understand and remember that you can take as much time as you need to always! Burnout and illness can play a big factor in your team's health. Always remember to take breaks when you need it because in the end we are all here for you! ❤️

Reactions: Celavie
You guys have been working tirelessly to bring us another great MMO Pokemon game. I'm sure almost 99% of the people here are perfectly fine waiting knowing how much effort and passion you guys have been putting into this game. I can't wait to hear more of all the cool stuff you guys have been working on! Also please make sure to put you guy's health first!

Hello PokéForce,
Please read on for important information regarding our pre-planned January Demo.

Demo Postponement:
As we're all aware, our next demo was slated to be for January 31st, to February 3rd. However, it is with heavy hearts that we are announcing that we feel it's in everybody's best interests for us to delay the Demo until the end of February. We are making this decision in order to give the development team ample time to finish off the mechanics that we want to feature in our roadmap.

Internal Discussions:
We've had a few internal discussions on what a delay would look like, why we're doing it, and what it means moving forward for PokéForce in order to ensure that we can be more stable in our planned release dates, expectations and time management for the team, and I'd like to share some of these discussions with you today, so that we can be transparent on what to expect moving forward!

Why the Delay?
Hindsight being what it is, we simply ran out of time. We've been experiencing a lot of unexpected roadblocks such as illness, or burn out from poor time management (this one's me!). We have a deep passion for our game and want to ensure that, when we invite you to play, we showcase the absolute best that we can offer! We internally discussed whether to proceed with the January Demo based on our current progress. We wanted to avoid presenting an unfinished product for what we had planned. Ultimately, we concluded that aligning our Demos with the features outlined in our planned roadmap is more beneficial. This approach ensures that our presentations are in sync with our intended development path, allowing us to stay true to our internal roadmap. While we have new features ready to go, or to be utilized already, we really want our Battle Engine to shine during the next public access to the game, and this still requires a bit of work to ensure that it's the best it can be. As many of you will understand, the battle system for Pokemon is a very complex matter with a lot of nuanced bits and pieces that only get used in specific move cases and then never touched upon again, and we've also got our own additions to the battle system we have to account for due to the unique structure of our intended game play loop.

Another thing we've been focused on in our internal meetings is ensuring that we are giving the development team ample opportunity to enjoy their lives, and not need to grind out the process, which results in rushed game play mechanics, or code that can hinder the overall experience. When we started doing Demos, we originally had them on a per-month basis, and while that was working great as we built the games core fundamentals, and new features were a daily occurrence, it's become clear to the team and I that we're better suited to start going through a 2-3 month cycle for the public Demos. What this truly just means is that Demos will be announced when we're positive on a date that we can reach, or when we've got everything we need to finished, and just want to add polish and flair. As for time management, the team is extremely eager to work on this game every single day, and while it's fun and engaging to do so, it's important for us to take breaks and enjoy life a little. We're all here because it's a hobby for us, but we also need to have time to enjoy doing things we love as well. For me, that's hanging out with you guys!

While we're not too eager to announce a specific date right now, rest assured that we did our due diligence on planning out what's left to do, and how we can polish what we do have. Expect another announcement in the coming week(s) for a specific date, and one that we're sure we'll be able to stick to this time.

Beta Programme:
While we know it's disappointing that we can't all see each other in-game next week, I want to remind everyone that we do have a Beta Programme that will be utilized over the next month to help us get along to the next Demo, which can help get you trying the game out a bit faster. I've been keeping an eye on all applications, and I'll be ready to bring more people onboard to the programme soon, so keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation!

A Message of Gratitude:
I know how eager everyone has been for another exciting chapter in PokéForce, and I was dreading to write this announcement today, so I just want to thank everyone for your patience and commitment to being a part of our community. I hope that the points I laid out helps you understand our internal processes a bit better, and that we didn't delay because of lack of interest in developing the game. I look forward to seeing you all in-game soon. <3

Thank you,
The PokéForce Staff Team
Alycia, Cpt. Lavender, Genesis, Drunk, Triston, Allurosa, Beemo, Dizzi, Emma, Eva, Fizz, Jenonen, Kat, Kildaru, Kupo, Lean, Lin, Lucy, Maid Lulia, Mikayu, MuZi, Pixel, Prof Ekie, Rare, Rebecca, Tater, Vizaryll
Take your time, I'm really interested in your idea and I'll be waiting patiently.

If there's one thing I've learnt over my years of gaming is that while disappointing, delays are only ever a good thing. It is only right to put your best foot forward for the demo and as a community i think we're all happy for the team to take as long as they need. With Palworld blowing up I'm finding myself more and more excited for what's to come from PokeForce, can't wait to see.

While I understand my potential bias as a team member, it's truly reassuring to have a leader who recognizes the importance of taking a step back. @Alycia understands when to delay a project to ensure that we deliver not just a product, but a high-quality one. It's a clear demonstration of prioritizing quality over quantity, and I find that admirable. <3

I'm actually glad it will be pushed back a bit. Been using up my free time playing the new monster hunting game that recently came out ;). By the time the demo releases I will be able to focus all my time to Pokeforce. Back to the mines we go.

• Cool
Reactions: Celavie and Byron
Hello PokéForce,

Demo Postponement:

Internal Discussions:

Why the Delay?

Beta Programme:

A Message of Gratitude:

Thank you,
The PokéForce Staff Team
I am just grateful how transparent you are! This makes delays better because we know that you are humans and being transparent with everyone just makes us realize this game is going to be wildly amazing! Thank you!

No worries^^
Thanks for letting us know :D Take care of yourselves~

Il be real I could wait months ,because just the delibird event alone was fun ,I can just imagine how good the demo will be given enough time. This game team is cooking fr