Mixed about the new change to the "like" feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy

Calm Mind
Reaction score
Talking about this:
1702389543670.png

Now, I'm not saying that the change is bad or anything, but I prefer what the default was. It was just a lot more clear and intuitive using default emojis in my opinion. I was really confused initially when I saw the change and I had to also hover over each emoji to see what they all specifically were and for. It took me a good moment to figure out what had happened.

But yeah, I would rather just have things be more clean and simple when it comes to the forums, personally. While I absolutely love these adorable emojis and I'm also one who goes using these in my Discord chats at times, it just feels a bit rather out of place here on the forums.

I understand your preference for the original default emojis, but change can also bring a fresh perspective and add vitality to the forums. Moreover, the use of these emojis doesn't hinder clear communication but rather makes discussions more engaging and fun. Therefore, such changes are worth our support and try

I like them personally! I've seen the default ones so much in my life that a little freshness here is welcome, and themed! ❤️

They're fine. The others were boring.

can somewhat understand why you'd like the default reactions, can't doubt clean & simple sometimes..

Personally i hope we get custom reactions as it'll be closer to smogons then but overall i like this new change. 🤓

Reactions: Lucy
I have a personal preference for them I like them.

Talking about this:
View attachment 228

Now, I'm not saying that the change is bad or anything, but I prefer what the default was. It was just a lot more clear and intuitive using default emojis in my opinion. I was really confused initially when I saw the change and I had to also hover over each emoji to see what they all specifically were and for. It took me a good moment to figure out what had happened.

But yeah, I would rather just have things be more clean and simple when it comes to the forums, personally. While I absolutely love these adorable emojis and I'm also one who goes using these in my Discord chats at times, it just feels a bit rather out of place here on the forums.
Also have mixed feelings about them! I'd say the love button should be replaced by a different "heart type" pokemoji, it's a bit confusing.
They're just displayed a little small so it's hard to see the actual Pokémon's face :(

I do want to say too that I know that definitely in time that I will get used to them and will adapt to them, and it will definitely grow more on me. I've been getting used to them more already in the past day now as well.

It's honestly just a weird thing for me personally with emojis, because even on Discord like I just love using emojis and I'm hooked on Nitro and using default emojis I really don't like unless they are some hearts or something like these ❤️💝💖✨ (I've been using these in some posts on the forums as well xd).

Definitely didn't want it to seem as if I was hating on the update or anything, I know especially in the moment when I posted this I was really feeling some type of way, but I know it's mostly just a me thing. It could be that I am also really used to forums with communities that aren't as based upon having some more fun with things too, so this is something that I'll need to get used to more and feeling the vibe out with as more time goes on.

I don't mind the change, I just wish there was still a 'like' reaction.. not everything I see falls under 'love' or 'cool' let me like / thumbs up a post (y)

I don't mind the change, I just wish there was still a 'like' reaction.. not everything I see falls under 'love' or 'cool' let me like / thumbs up a post (y)
Provide a solid suggestion for a "Like" emoji and I'll add it. Would the "quaxly_ok" emote in our Discord suffice?
1702465780047.png

Reactions: Mew
either that or the dragonite thumbsup fit nicely (he's a bit friendlier) View attachment 268
dragonite-like.png

Status
Not open for further replies.