More breeding info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vel

Intermediate Trainer
Reaction score
I have a few questions i wanna get answered if possible.
Will breeding be possible early game? Will it be a random roll or could you guarantee some ivs? Will it consume the two parent pokemon?

I have a few questions i wanna get answered if possible.
Will breeding be possible early game? Will it be a random roll or could you guarantee some ivs? Will it consume the two parent pokemon?
No. Breeding will be heavily gated behind multiple requirements.
Mechanics TBD.

Reactions: Lahm and Vel
I'll also post what I posted on one of the recent Discord threads:

The system I’m going for in my head will look something like:
  • Capture wild Pokémon with 1-2x 31 IV,
  • ‘Breed’ it up to 3-4x 31 IV,
  • Use end-game crafted items to finish the job and make a perfect Pokémon.
Players will still be able to hunt for good Pokémon.
Players will still be able to breed for good Pokémon.
Players will still be able to use end-game crafted items to make good Pokémon.

But I personally would like to place limits on the ‘breeding’ and crafting mechanisms to avoid them being the sole way of getting a ‘perfect’ Pokémon.
(I’m also saying ‘breeding’, because the system I’ve suggested to Lav will be like Breeding 2.0. Breeding, but… better? Time will tell.)

But I personally would like to place limits on the ‘breeding’ and crafting mechanisms to avoid them being the sole way of getting a ‘perfect’ Pokémon.
(I’m also saying ‘breeding’, because the system I’ve suggested to Lav will be like Breeding 2.0. Breeding, but… better? Time will tell.)

I can't wait for this to be fully thought-out and can't wait for what the future might bring for breeding in PokeForce!

Reactions: Prof Samuel Oak

So just to confirm, this mechanic will basically cause you to lose 2 pokemon in order to gain an egg? Or will you retain the breeders?

So just to confirm, this mechanic will basically cause you to lose 2 pokemon in order to gain an egg? Or will you retain the breeders?
TBD.
We’re likely going to go the ‘consume’ route. That said, there’s a realistic possibility that we’re going for an idea involving more than just 2 inputs.

Reactions: Superman
TBD.
We’re likely going to go the ‘consume’ route. That said, there’s a realistic possibility that we’re going for an idea involving more than just 2 inputs.
Tbh the consume route is the better option. As to not inflate the market with comps "Competitive Pokemon" too fast as in the beginning stages you'd want them to have a decent value.

Reactions: Charmander
Tbh the consume route is the better option. As to not inflate the market with comps "Competitive Pokemon" too fast as in the beginning stages you'd want them to have a decent value.
Or at least what I mean is to retain a significant value in terms of players actually having to grind for them. Like players should invest a decent amount of effort in order to obtain perfect comps.

What do each of these steps ideally look like in terms of time commitment?

What do each of these steps ideally look like in terms of time commitment?
TBD.

In my head, I’m looking at:
  • Hunting: Completely random.
  • ‘Breeding’: An element of randomness, but it depends how many Pokemon one has available to them beforehand. Potentially hundreds of Pokemon to obtain a ‘good’ Pokemon.
  • Crafted Items: Minutes. Because you’re just using IV manipulation items. But to obtain the necessary requirements to create the items themselves? Months.

TBD.

In my head, I’m looking at:
  • Hunting: Completely random.
  • ‘Breeding’: An element of randomness, but it depends how many Pokemon one has available to them beforehand. Potentially hundreds of Pokemon to obtain a ‘good’ Pokemon.
  • Crafted Items: Minutes. Because you’re just using IV manipulation items. But to obtain the necessary requirements to create the items themselves? Months.
So with the IV manipulation items are we keepin in mind hidden power? or to phrase it in another way:

How will Hidden power be implemented? (sorry if this doesnt really belongs here) will we have items to lower / increase the ivs? or will we have an item like PokeMMO does to change its typing?

Reactions: Charmander
Status
Not open for further replies.