Regular Job's are important too!

VixenGhost

Champion Trainer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
In a world as wonderous as one inhabited by pokemon, regular jobs are important too! sadly they are often overlooked or underappreciated by the trainers that roam the land!
From Bakers to Police Officers. from Farmers to Movie Stars, The world needs them all.
So let me ask you this:
If you couldn't be Pokémon trainer(Or gym leader/E4 ect) what would your regular civilian job be in the world of Pokémon. You can have up to 3 Pokémon that assist you in this job(Or more in case of things like farmer or ranger). When you do have 3 Pokémon helpers, tell me what they are and what their role in this task is.

I myself would love to do package delivery in my home region of Hoenn. With my trusty Skarmory for sky travel, Arcanine for land travel and Dedenne for light and company, I make sure everyone's packages are delivered on time.

Idk if you would separate the job of Pokémon breeder from trainer, since they have been shown to also participate in battles, but if I can't be a Pokémon breeder then I'd probably attend a pokémon daycare, it would be fun to play with all the little guys.

Also, I get the feeling that daycares are incredibly profitable in the Pokémon world.....

I'd have Blissey to help me obviously, and I don't really know who else to bring around

Reactions: VixenGhost
Taco Bell, with assistance from Miltank (beef, steak), Combusken (chicken), and Machamp to help make the burritos

I'd like to think that the world of Pokémon doesn't have an awful post-capitalist society that ruins all chances of working a pleasant job for sustainable income, so I would likely shoot for a Daycare! Without the breeding aspect, I think.

It sounds like a dream job...taking care of someone's Pokémon, like learning the needs and wants, what makes them happy, and even seeing people come back to me to care for their Pokémon.
I think I would take... Snorlax for all the others to rest alongside when it's nap time.
Gardevoir because I love them because I feel as though it would be great at mediating any issues between Pokémon in our care, while also being an extra hand to help with any chores.
Bewear because it's my favorite and it would work wonders for my anxiety, I would love and appreciate the company too. 🤗

Last edited:
Idk if you would separate the job of Pokémon breeder from trainer, since they have been shown to also participate in battles, but if I can't be a Pokémon breeder then I'd probably attend a pokémon daycare, it would be fun to play with all the little guys.

Also, I get the feeling that daycares are incredibly profitable in the Pokémon world.....

I'd have Blissey to help me obviously, and I don't really know who else to bring around
Its not a classic pokemon trainer so ofc it counts! How about something like a Talonflame to help hatch eggs or a maternal pokemon like kangaskhan? Blissey is a good choice obvs :)

Taco Bell, with assistance from Miltank (beef, steak), Combusken (chicken), and Machamp to help make the burritos

I'd like to think that the world of Pokémon doesn't have an awful post-capitalist society that ruins all chances of working a pleasant job for sustainable income, so I would likely shoot for a Daycare! Without the breeding aspect, I think.

It sounds like a dream job...taking care of someone's Pokémon, like learning the needs and wants, what makes them happy, and even seeing people come back to me to care for their Pokémon.
I think I would take... Snorlax for all the others to rest alongside when it's nap time.
Gardevoir because I love them because I feel as though it would be great at mediating any issues between Pokémon in our care, while also being an extra hand to help with any chores.
Bewear because it's my favorite and it would work wonders for my anxiety, I would love and appreciate the company too. 🤗
Pokemon Daycare sounds lovely! Snorlax is also seen in the anime to play with other pokemon and children so thats also good for that. Gardevoir would indeed be a good mediator! and since its known for its empathy its also good if any pokemon are upset. Bewear looks so cuddly too!(idc what the pokedex say. bewears hugs are soft)

• Love
Reactions: Lulu
Its not a classic pokemon trainer so ofc it counts! How about something like a Talonflame to help hatch eggs or a maternal pokemon like kangaskhan? Blissey is a good choice obvs :)
I thought about a Pokémon to help hatch eggs, but then came to the conclusion that daycare owners don't really ever hatch the eggs, they just give them to the trainers so then I wasn't sure. Kangaskhan does seem like a very good option for the nurturing vibes

• Love
Reactions: Lulu
If I were in a Pokémon world where I wasn't a Pokémon trainer... I would definitely be a farmer since I love nature and it would give me the opportunity to grow all kinds of plants and berries and also be able to interact with Pokémon and people and top of that i think it is the best job to be the owner of many farms and lands :love: also having many Pokémon aswell humans working on the farm and being more like a family all united and happy. so about the pokemons i will need more then 3 soo if i need to pick three pokemon it will be 1 machamp need those 4 arms for real to work hard in the farm and almost everythig, tangrowth will help me more with all the seed that we plants and he will take care of it and the last one luxray he will take care of everything is ok around the farm and making everything safe and if there a problem he will alarm it to me and we will solve it, you know what im going to add other ones like 3 braviary checking the sky and also helping in other thing also 5 tauros and 5 miltank and damn it just keep continue the ideas xD but let me leave it like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: VixenGhost
If I were in a Pokémon world where I wasn't a Pokémon trainer... I would definitely be a farmer since I love nature and it would give me the opportunity to grow all kinds of plants and berries and also be able to interact with Pokémon and people and top of that i think it is the best job to be the owner of many farms and lands :love: also having many Pokémon aswell humans working on the farm and being more like a family all united and happy. so about the pokemons i will need more then 3 soo if i need to pick three pokemon it will be 1 machamp need those 4 arms for real to work hard in the farm and almost everythig, tangrowth will help me more with all the seed that we plants and he will take care of it and the last one luxray he will take care of everything is ok around the farm and making everything safe and if there a problem he will alarm it to me and we will solve it, you know what im going to add other ones like 3 braviary checking the sky and also helping in other thing also 5 tauros and 5 miltank and damn it just keep continue the ideas xD but let me leave it like that.
That farm already sounds like a well oiled machine!

Reactions: Shield
If it were me, I would like to be an archaeologist. In the Pokemon world, my work mainly involves the following aspects:
1. ** Study Ancient Civilizations ** : Explore the ruins and artifacts left by ancient Pokemon civilizations, interpret ancient inscriptions, and understand how humans and Pokemon lived in harmony in ancient times, as well as their social structure and cultural characteristics.
2. ** Find shiny Pokemon ** : Find shiny Pokemon in various regions. By studying these Pokemon, we can understand the evolution of different Pokemon and their role in the ecosystem.
3. ** Legend Collection and verification of Legend Pokemon ** : Collect legends and stories about legend Pokemon in various regions, analyze the relationship between these legends and historical records, and try to find traces of legend Pokemon to verify the authenticity of these legends.
4. ** Pokemon historical Archives Sorting ** : Sorting out Pokemon books, trainers' notes and other historical archives found from ancient relics, restoring the distribution of Pokemon in ancient times, the trainers' fighting skills and Pokemon cultivation methods.
5. ** Research ancient Pokemon skills and techniques ** : Research ancient Pokemon skills and combat techniques used by trainers, uncover Pokemon skills and combat strategies that may have been lost, and provide valuable information for modern trainers.
6. ** Hold exhibitions and lectures ** : Public display of archaeological finds, hold lectures, popularize knowledge of Pokemon's history and culture, and enhance people's understanding and interest in the world of Pokemon.
7. ** Cooperation and Exchange ** : Cooperate with archaeologists, historians and trainers from other regions to exchange research results and jointly promote the exploration of the history and culture of the world of Pokemon.
8. ** Protection of the Treasure Cultural Heritage ** : In archaeological activities, attention is paid to the protection of cultural heritage to ensure that no damage is caused to the natural environment and cultural sites during excavations and research.
Through this work, as an archaeologist in the Pokemon world, I can not only contribute to the historical research of the Pokemon world, but also help modern trainers better understand Pokemon and build deeper friendships with them.

The following is my assistant Pokemon:
222.gif
235.gif
628.gif
306.gif

Last edited:
This is just a random thought after reading the topic.. but a pokemon center technician.

Someone has gotta make sure those healing pods are tip top shape. I think it'd be a cool job, where I travel the world making repairs at pokemon centers.

My pokemon would probably be just some of my favorites.

- Dragonite to fly me anywhere in the world

- Poliwhirl to give me a high five for a job well done.

What do you guys think?