Double Battle Tier list

Lambo

Intermediate Trainer
Reaction score
wp1980745.png

Hi Everyone is me Again.

Today I want to share some Tier list rankings about Double Battle (DB). And also thank you Kupo for pointing me something wrong.

And again this is my thought about the Gen1-4 Double Battle tier list. If you looking for a Single match tier list feel free to

All right let's see what I have for Double Battle

1704386890802.jpeg
To clear something up, do not know why this tier marker do not have a Wash/ Heat Rotom

Add up in here,

Wash Rotom A+ Tier
Heat Rotom A Tier

Feel free to let me know what you think. Suggestion box is wide open. Will follow up some sample teams

Reactions: Tobias and MuZi
Well done, though I know nothing about it:cry:

Not sure how to feel about this one tbh.
Dnite Gastrodon and Snorlax on the lower end while the likes of base rotom and Butterfree somehow are in A is a crime. There is also no reason to put Typhlosion above Charizard and torkoal in the same tier as Jolteon and Umbreon that both don't really do much when we have mons to build cores around sun, both speedy and slow. And TR. Torkoal could easily fill the roles of a bulky "support" pokemon or a sweeper here.
Not even putting Staraptor on the list at all might be the most questionable part though.

Reactions: Tobias
I don't dabble in doubles matches but watched a lot of mates play it, seeing bronzong on your list, some mons like dusclops(B Tier) , machamp(B Tier), marowak (C Tier), exeggcutor(C tier) may be nice in situational TR teams though I could be wrong especially in guessing around what their potential tiering may be considering I'm trying to think of how often TR may be abused with just gens 1-4

also rotom mow (A Tier) looks pretty fun as well to use here as potentially better offensive abuser than rotom heat as well as clefairy (Fun Tier) with friend guard shenanigans or Sableye(B+ Tier) with prankster shenanigans, though if we're not getting HA Abilities upon release these things could be disregarded, again this is just coming from someone who observes rather than actually playing the tier religiously so could be probably losing my marbles with these claims. O_O

Edit: I take back not losing my marbles, adding in Cherrim (Fun tier) for flower gift shenanigans 😭

Last edited:
Im a noob at competitive pokemon. Is a rain team viable in doubles? I gotta run my boy politoed

Reactions: Lambo
Im a noob at competitive pokemon. Is a rain team viable in doubles? I gotta run my boy politoed
It most definitely is a thing. Tho the teams do tend to look a bit different to support multiple modes to not rely on 1 thing too much.

I don't dabble in doubles matches but watched a lot of mates play it, seeing bronzong on your list, some mons like dusclops(B Tier) , machamp(B Tier), marowak (C Tier), exeggcutor(C tier) may be nice in situational TR teams though I could be wrong especially in guessing around what their potential tiering may be considering I'm trying to think of how often TR may be abused with just gens 1-4

also rotom mow (A Tier) looks pretty fun as well to use here as potentially better offensive abuser than rotom heat as well as clefairy (Fun Tier) with friend guard shenanigans or Sableye(B+ Tier) with prankster shenanigans, though if we're not getting HA Abilities upon release these things could be disregarded, again this is just coming from someone who observes rather than actually playing the tier religiously so could be probably losing my marbles with these claims. O_O

Edit: I take back not losing my marbles, adding in Cherrim (Fun tier) for flower gift shenanigans 😭
Don't worry about lacking actual playing experience. As long as you're genuinely interested and spectate with a learning mindset you can end up with incredible insight.
And some of the pokemon you listed I can absolutely see being good. Clef for example has always been a staple support pokemon in doubles, similarly so has dusclops despite filling a very different role. Marowak I am not quite convinced of when used in it's normal form but Machamp and Exeggcutor I can absolutely see finding success in certain teams.

Btw fun fact, Pachirisu is a lot better than people give it credit for. The reason it won worlds was because it was the best option for what it was supposed to do given the current format at the time rather than just a silly little guy meant to be carried ^^

Don't worry about lacking actual playing experience. As long as you're genuinely interested and spectate with a learning mindset you can end up with incredible insight.
And some of the pokemon you listed I can absolutely see being good. Clef for example has always been a staple support pokemon in doubles, similarly so has dusclops despite filling a very different role. Marowak I am not quite convinced of when used in it's normal form but Machamp and Exeggcutor I can absolutely see finding success in certain teams.

Btw fun fact, Pachirisu is a lot better than people give it credit for. The reason it won worlds was because it was the best option for what it was supposed to do given the current format at the time rather than just a silly little guy meant to be carried ^^
Pachirisu was good at that time cause it was one of the few pokemon with follow me i think and won the tournament cause of the skill of the player for sure and timing
With all strats available online battles will for sure be interesting
Also the tier list looks decent could be improved from my personal point of view but much appreciated it will help the community to get into competitive battles for sure.

Pachirisu was good at that time cause it was one of the few pokemon with follow me i think and won the tournament cause of the skill of the player for sure and timing
Yeah, whether or not Pachirisu is in a good spot for pokeforce still has to be determined. The major factor for its success was the limited number of legal pokemon in the format in general and the meta at the time paired with pachirisus synergy with (mega) gyarados.
And then as you said the fact that it had follow me instead of rage powder which was necessary to deal with some of the more common threats

But in the end its hard to judge viability of a lot of pokemon with the limited knowledge we currently have of pokeforce

Reactions: Tobias
Not sure how to feel about this one tbh.
Dnite Gastrodon and Snorlax on the lower end while the likes of base rotom and Butterfree somehow are in A is a crime. There is also no reason to put Typhlosion above Charizard and torkoal in the same tier as Jolteon and Umbreon that both don't really do much when we have mons to build cores around sun, both speedy and slow. And TR. Torkoal could easily fill the roles of a bulky "support" pokemon or a sweeper here.
Not even putting Staraptor on the list at all might be the most questionable part though.
Hi BigNab, thanks for sharing your advise. TBH I thought no one like DB but.

So go back to your point, I do agree Gastrodon should be a little higher. But Snorlax from my understanding they require a bit more team spuuoirt to bring out their potential.

Rotom how however the wash Rotom, I think it is fit for most of the team. With Water + Electric and can ignore ground. Which I can is a A+ in the tier

Butterfree have Rage Powder + Sleeping powder (And Butterfree can ignore Sleeping powder). Which can help Pokemon to Strengthen. Which I think should be a great fit

And this list is still there yet, because we are still pending lots of Pokemon details to update, and this is not the final list. I will make some changes for sure but thanks for your point

Hi Allurosa, I do agree with some of your points. But currently, lots of Pokemon details are still not sure lots of things might change.

I am still currently waiting for some detail updated from PF so Stay Tune!!!

Reactions: Allurosa
HI Everyone is me again,

Today will share some basic core DB team. "Lin" has confirmed no Garchomp

First I will start with Rain

Pelipper (Drizzle) + Kingdra (Swift Swim) + Ludicolo
(Swift Swim)

Rain is how I start DB battle, which I recommend for people who start DB to use. For the Next three Pokemon I will recommend

Scizor
Hitmontop

Jolteon
Metagross
Porygon2
Hariyama
Politoed
(There is no right and wrong answer is about your play style to determine which pokemon to fit in your team)

Reactions: samps
The next basic core is Tailwind

Crobat (Inner Focus) + Hitmontop (Intimidate)
Togekiss (Serene Grace) + Hitmontop (Intimidate) + Blastroise (Torrent)

Tailwind is more straightforward. All you need to do is Hitmontop fake out, and Crobat/Togekiss Tailwind. But I personally prefer Crobat + Hitmontop. (But Becareful Trickroom)

Other Pokemon I will recommend

Rotom (Wash/Heat)
Metagross
Tyranitar
Hydreigon
Scizor
Poliwrath
Salamence
Momaswine
Porygon2
Gastrodon

Reactions: samps