Legendaries.

Vel

Intermediate Trainer
Reaction score
Yo, would love to know more info about how legendaries/mythicals are gonna be implemented in the game and most importantly, could we shiny hunt them? šŸ‘€

Reactions: Jack
We do plan to make Legendaries obtainable in some form, for a minimum of PokeDex ā€˜Seenā€™ and ā€˜Caughtā€™ completion, but they will be exclusive to dungeons and raids. Any caught Legendaries will only be temporary party members, ala King-of-the-Hill. You won't be keeping them permanently.

• Haha
Reactions: LodinSetki
We do plan to make Legendaries obtainable in some form, for a minimum of PokeDex ā€˜Seenā€™ and ā€˜Caughtā€™ completion, but they will be exclusive to dungeons and raids. Any caught Legendaries will only be temporary party members, ala King-of-the-Hill. You won't be keeping them permanently.
Understandable. But i think it would be a good idea to make some of the legendaries obtainable, for example in certain events or something.

Understandable. But i think it would be a good idea to make some of the legendaries obtainable, for example in certain events or something.
I appreciate and understand your perspective, but we intend to do something fairly novel to the Legendaries, and having players own them permanently wouldn't fit both the story nor the world we are creating.
Additionally, owning Legendaries would largely impact both the PvP META, and your PvE experience.
It is a decision that has been finalised by the team, and one I stand behind whole heartedly.

I appreciate and understand your perspective, but we intend to do something fairly novel to the Legendaries, and having players own them permanently wouldn't fit both the story nor the world we are creating.
Additionally, owning Legendaries would largely impact both the PvP META, and your PvE experience.
It is a decision that has been finalised by the team, and one I stand behind whole heartedly.
I see. That's reasonable, thank you for your time Jack :D

I hope we can have some egendaries/mythicals that players can hold, completely abandoning their fighting function and only retaining their following and interaction functions, just like Paimon in Genshin Impact.I hope the team at pokeforce will consider this idea.:oops:

Reactions: Mew
From post: All things PVP, electric boogaloo
If it was intransigence, I would not be having open communication about this topic. But thank you for teaching me a new word today.

Perhaps we need to read my post again and understand this comes from a mixture of reasoning, not just lore/world-building. The Legendary Dungeon mechanic being the main one; the Raid feature being another (admittedly not previously mentioned outside of the community Discord).

Your argument that PvP is the most important aspect of a Pokemon MMO is extremely revealing. Some players would agree with you, others would not.

This game is designed to appeal to a wide range of players, not just the Pokemon MMO PvP community. Perhaps Pokemon Showdown would be more your speed?
Appealing to a wide range of players yet you cast aside a large chunk of Pokemon MMO fans who want to be able to obtain legendary pokemons and keep them forever?

I see no real incentive sinking my time into playing your game over your biggest competitor PokeMMO. I wish for your game's success but if you're not going to satisfy the painpoints current PokeMMO players are experiencing at the moment, you won't have a sustainable playerbase. I might be wrong but considering that the only novel things that you are introducing are quests and skills, I don't have faith.

Good luck.

• Wat
From post: All things PVP, electric boogaloo

Appealing to a wide range of players yet you cast aside a large chunk of Pokemon MMO fans who want to be able to obtain legendary pokemons and keep them forever?

I see no real incentive sinking my time into playing your game over your biggest competitor PokeMMO. I wish for your game's success but if you're not going to satisfy the painpoints current PokeMMO players are experiencing at the moment, you won't have a sustainable playerbase. I might be wrong but considering that the only novel things that you are introducing are quests and skills, I don't have faith.

Good luck.
Wide range does not equal all. If you want to own Legendaries, then PokeForce isnā€™t for you.

If your entire decision-making process about whether or not to play this game boils down to ā€œBut can I own Legendaries though?ā€ then I suggest you go play Sword and Shield.

This design decision is highly unlikely to change in the near future.

Additionally, if you think PokeForceā€™s only novel features are quests and skills, I would politely ask you to re-read the Roadmap as youā€™re either being ignorant or deliberately disingenuous; Iā€™m hoping itā€™s the former, hence my suggestion.

I might be wrong but considering that the only novel things that you are introducing are quests and skills, I don't have faith.

Yes, they're adding two of the most important MMO features into a series that has never had them before. These aren't novel things and are the most important features to an MMO. The baseline to build upon with other features that are all in a roadmap that you clearly haven't bothered to look at.

Simply put, Legendaries are unbalanced in nature, by design because it doesn't matter in a game like Pokemon. Turn it into an MMO where balance is the key feature for game health? Legendaries are an issue to say the least. If implemented, end game viability would be solely legendaries and incredibly boring.

I hope we can have some egendaries/mythicals that players can hold, completely abandoning their fighting function and only retaining their following and interaction functions, just like Paimon in Genshin Impact.I hope the team at pokeforce will consider this idea.:oops:
What do you think about the egendaries/mythicals act in Pokeforce just as Paimon act in Genshin ? Alternatively, we can associate them with Hms.

Last edited:
Wide range does not equal all. If you want to own Legendaries, then PokeForce isnā€™t for you.

If your entire decision-making process about whether or not to play this game boils down to ā€œBut can I own Legendaries though?ā€ then I suggest you go play Sword and Shield.

This design decision is highly unlikely to change in the near future.

Additionally, if you think PokeForceā€™s only novel features are quests and skills, I would politely ask you to re-read the Roadmap as youā€™re either being ignorant or deliberately disingenuous; Iā€™m hoping itā€™s the former, hence my suggestion.
Thanks for your reply.

I didn't claim to revolve my entire decision-making process around just legendaries. Did you not read how I have literally acknowledged the features you and your team are intending to introduce to the game? Well clearly you have as you have mentioned the fact that I have said that.

Apologies, I admit fault, I should have included an 'etc'. Nevertheless, I was not going to list down everything that's included in the Roadmap.

Again, with all due respect, I wish your team all the best, I mean it. No hard feelings, I just disagree with the decision that your team made, that is all.

Yes, they're adding two of the most important MMO features into a series that has never had them before. These aren't novel things and are the most important features to an MMO. The baseline to build upon with other features that are all in a roadmap that you clearly haven't bothered to look at.

Simply put, Legendaries are unbalanced in nature, by design because it doesn't matter in a game like Pokemon. Turn it into an MMO where balance is the key feature for game health? Legendaries are an issue to say the least. If implemented, end game viability would be solely legendaries and incredibly boring.
You have literally defined the word novel. The features have never been added to a Pokemon MMO before, thus these are novel. I understand that, yes, these are conventional features of a traditional MMO game but my point is that these features are still novel as no other Pokemon MMO game has added these features before.

I respect and understand your opinion, however in my eyes, legendary pokemon are a core aspect of any Pokemon game. There is a reason why Pokemon fans are consistently begging for legendary pokemon 10 years later in the PokeMMO community. Furthermore, I disagree that end game viability would solely be legendaries. I argue that not all legendaries are unbalanced and can easily be countered by non-legendaries, otherwise, skill issue.

Hello, I'd like to throw my opinion on this. This is not directed towards anyone in particular, but anyone that might read this thread.

The game should be judged for what it is and not for what it isn't.

The lack of permanent legendaries removes options but also adds a good opportunity for a king of the hill style minigame, that probably many players will enjoy.

These not being usable in PvP or against NPCs is for the better, as they are superior to most other pokemon.

Their strength is not just subjective; their total base stats are already telling, but also they are banned from most PvP scenarios for a reason, they are among the most used and most successful in PvP environments where they are allowed for a reason, speedrunners go out of their way to get them in some cases for a reason. (e.g. HG/SS, Emerald all gold symbols [bet you can't watch this one without falling asleep])